Learn more about our FA Community status…
Horsham Sparrows FC are extremely proud of our status as an FA Community Charter Club and in 2015, were awarded the prestigious award of Sussex Community Club of the year. But what does it mean? The FA Charter Standard Clubs programme, supported by FA Community Partner McDonald’s, was launched in February 2001 and is a core component of The FA Football Development programme.
The project is aimed at all clubs outside the Football League and Premier League and allows players, children and parents to make an informed choice when searching for a club in their local area that meets FA standards. It underlines our commitment to quality and shows that the club is run in a proper and responsible way.
The FA, in conjunction with various bodies, has drawn up the following set of criteria for clubs wishing to reach Charter Standard:
- A written constitution
- FA CRB checked volunteers
- All managers to have minimum of FA Level 1 Coaching Course
- Commitment to attend in-service training
- Acceptance and promotion of Codes of Conduct
- Commitment to provide Mini-Soccer opportunities for Under 10s
- Commitment to promote schools liaison and equal opportunities for all