What is Coach mentoring?
The FA Coach Mentor Programme is an investment in grass-roots coaching, offering on the ground support within FA Charter Standard Clubs, providing a process whereby a coach is actively engaged in being guided towards acquiring new knowledge, feedback, ideas or advice by a trained mentor. The aim is to supporting a coaching workforce in their own environment, both in training and in match-day situations.
Gary Budinger is a Level 3 coach who has been working with the club to help managers, coaches and volunteers in variety of ways but primarily for one to one mentoring and group sessions. These sessions are a great way to learn and develop new skills and for people at the club to catch up. They are open to all so look out for the next event…
The intentions of the FA Coach Mentoring Programme are to:
- Improve coaching in grass-roots football
- Up-skill & support coaches to develop knowledge, confidence & skills
- Bring the Future Game to life in grass-roots clubs
- Improve match-day behaviours
- Retain coaches in the game
- Support individual learning
- Cascade the model/network of mentors & leave a Sustainable legacy
- Retain players in the game through better coaching practice